Everything Solar Forum

communities_1.jpg

View Only
  • 1.  Resource: Home Energy Usage Calculator

Posted 04-08-2021 08:54 PM
    Hello ASES Online Community!

The ASES team wanted to provide a great interactive online resource for those interested in calculating their energy usage. All you have to do is fill out the information required on the calculator and it automatically does the math for you, providing your energy consumption in kilowatt-hours (kWh). 

It's an amazing starting resource for anyone who is interested in figuring out the amount of energy your household consumes every month and finding out from what starting point you would like to lower your energy usage from. 

Please message me if you have any questions! And if you would like to post your calculations here or any comments please do so! 

Here is the link to the resource. 

------------------------------
    Ahalya Sabaratnam
    Programs and Membership Liaison Intern
    American Solar Energy Society

• 2.  RE: Resource: Home Energy Usage Calculator

ASES Life Member
    Posted 04-09-2021 06:23 AM
    If you want to go a step further and have some diy skills, there are many devices out there that measure actual use, both at the whole house level and down to individual circuits.  I like Emporia Energy's system - for about $100 you can monitor your entire house plus up to 8 individual circuits.  Expandable if you have or need more circuits monitored.  - FWIW

Mike Curran
    Retired from (dare I say it?) Fossil Plant Mgt.
    joacchim57@gmail.com