Everything Solar Forum

communities_1.jpg

View Only
  • 1.  Design Help in Phoenix, AZ, area...

Posted 04-27-2021 06:38 PM
    My friend in Phoenix has a particular design need, so I'm reaching out to see if someone in that area might be interested. If yes, I can put the two of you in contact.  The task at hand is to design a very small solar powered battery charging system to keep running an ultra-low-consumption microcomputer.  We're talking only a few watts of power, at 5V DC, to power a Raspberry Pi.  And a fool-proof battery control circuit to keep everything safe. 

Any takers for trying to help him out?  You can figure out just compensation between the two of you.  

Please and thank you in advance for serious offers only. 

Tom Stanton, Lansing, Michigan

------------------------------
    Thomas (Tom) Stanton
    Principal Researcher, Energy and Environment
    Thomas Stanton
    Lansing MI
    stantontom1@gmail.com

• 2.  RE: Design Help in Phoenix, AZ, area...

Posted 04-28-2021 08:54 AM

I think a Big Blue 63W foldable (Portable) solar charger would work for him just fine. Add a local battery and voila!

https://www.amazon.com/BigBlue-Charger-Monocrystalline-Portable-Cellphone/dp/B07CG7WZ7Q

Amazon remove preview
    View this on Amazon >

Paul

Paul Farren
    CEO
    The Energy Store
    HOLLYWOOD FL
    paul@energystore-usa.com

• 3.  RE: Design Help in Phoenix, AZ, area...

Posted 04-28-2021 10:49 AM
      |   view attached
    Tom,

All what is needed by your friend is a Charge Controller. The Charge controller has already a fool-proof battery control circuit included on it. I would recommend your friend to buy 1 CML-USB 05 from Phocos.  I am including a link where he can purchase one  CML-USB Phocos controller via the internet. I have included the manual (in several languages) for him to read. 

Phocos 20 Amp 12/24 Volt PWM Charge Controller - CML-USB-20 (ecodirect.com)

In the diagram, he will find 6 connectors; 2 for the solar panels, 2 for the battery and 2 for electrical load (Raspberry Pi). The Controller will take care of everything.

Regards,

Ivan

Ivan Flor
    IvanMFlor@hotmail.com

Attachment(s)

pdf
    CML-USB-final-manual-V5.pdf   21.43 MB 1 version