Everything Solar Forum

communities_1.jpg

View Only
  • 1.  SOLAR 2021 Women in Solar Energy Networking and Luncheon

Posted 04-20-2021 03:56 PM

Hi ASES Online Community, 

I am currently interning with ASES to help with conference planning and I wanted to share with you some exciting events, tours and workshops that will be taking place this summer at SOLAR 2021! Be sure to check every week for new highlighted events from me in the Everything Solar Forum community. 

The 50th Annual National Solar Conference is taking place this summer in Boulder, CO and online. This will be ASES' first hybrid conference! ASES is featuring a special Women in Solar Energy (WISE) Networking and Luncheon in the Glenn Miller Ballroom on Wednesday, August 4th from 12:30-2pm MDT for in person attendees. There will also be a WISE forum prior to this event available to both online and in person attendees from 10:45-12:15pm MDT. Attendees of the forum are encouraged to join us for the lunch and networking event.

The WISE forum inspires women to become more technically involved in solar, not just peripheral to it. This is an opportunity for women to talk about how they got to where they are and the obstacles and barriers that they have overcome. This is a forum for accomplished women to share lessons learned and heartfelt stories about their lives. It is about the journey. 

A separate event ticket is required to attend the luncheon, and a conference pass is required for the forum. All genders are welcome to attend! 

Check out the entire conference schedule to see what other sessions, events and tours are being offered. And remember to register by May 1 to receive early bird discounts!

Let me know if you have any questions. I hope you can join us this summer!

Sincerely,

Benjamin Guthrie

------------------------------
    Benjamin Guthrie
    begu2379@colorado.edu

• 2.  RE: SOLAR 2021 Women in Solar Energy Networking and Luncheon

Posted 04-22-2021 11:40 AM
    Hi Benjamin, 

Thanks so much for this update regarding the WISE Networking and Luncheon! I think this is such an important step in reaching out to all of us those who are passionate about solar technology, regardless of gender. Great to see this come to fruition!

Gabe Semenza
    Programs Associate Intern
    ASES
    gsemenza@ases.org

• 3.  RE: SOLAR 2021 Women in Solar Energy Networking and Luncheon

ASES Life Member
    Posted 04-23-2021 07:25 AM
    Thanks Benjamin for posting about the Women in Solar Energy Networking and Luncheon at Solar 2021. I just signed up for it this past week when I registered for the hybrid conference (virtual and in-person) this past week to get the early-bird discount before May 1. I really enjoyed the luncheon when I last attended. I look forward to interacting with other women in the solar energy field not only during the luncheon but throughout the conference.  As I've learned over the years, ASES has some super-passionate women in the field who are a continuous inspiration - such as the ASES staff who continually amaze me with their hard work and professionalism in leading/herding the variety of the volunteers and members! (This is not to say that I do not appreciate those of other genders that work equally as hard...)

Debra Coleman
    Architect
    Sun Plans
    debra28@sunplans.com
    https://www.sunplans.com