------------------------------
    william fitch
    Owner
    www.WeAreSolar.com
    fcfcfc@ptd.net

• 3.  RE: Solar

Posted 11-25-2021 11:26 AM
    I am curious as to if the system was installed and what the issue is?

Stephen Vadas
    Consulting Engineer
    Paradigm Drift LLC
    Saint James City FL
    manarii@hotmail.com

• 4.  RE: Solar

Posted 11-27-2021 01:19 PM
    Has the interconnection agreement been filed and accepted by the utility that operates your grid?

James Johnston
    Business Development
    Vector Structural Engineers
    Draper UT
    james@vectorse.com

• 5.  RE: Solar

Posted 11-28-2021 08:14 AM
    Weeks ago

• 6.  RE: Solar

Silver
    Contributor
    Posted 11-28-2021 12:29 PM
    What do you think this is, A Twitter feed? ASES is a professional organization for solar energy professionals and people with sincere interests for the acquisition of real knowledge. Pay some respect to those who have responded to your statement with a little sincere engagement and detail, because they are under no obligation to respond to you, and they sure a hell don't get paid by the hour when they take the time to do so.
    Happy Thanksgiving....

william fitch
    Owner
    www.WeAreSolar.com
    fcfcfc@ptd.net

• 7.  RE: Solar

Posted 11-28-2021 09:24 PM
    Sorry -- but I am not sure if I caused the online rebuke -- If so, I apologize and might explain that I hope these comments are OK. I have little formal education, no degrees, and I am not a member of any professional organization or even a member of any political party. I am merely an autodidact , one who is deeply in debt to tutors who have taken me under their wing and helped provide me with the wherewithal to craft what I will suggest is a timely point of view.

Quick intro seems to be in order: People have always called me "Jamey" even though I am almost seventy. Because of my
    (and my Grandmother before me) advocacy for the creation of a Secretary of Peace during the 1970's, I was asked to join the founding team of Denver's International Solar & Energy Conservation in 1980. Now, a Department of Sustainability will likely become the largest economic sector the world has ever seen; by way of consequence, we can make peace as profitable as war AND and by acting as a balancing influence to the Department of Defense, could become  America's Renaissance Offensive. Should we do so, we might just prove, both domestically and internationally that America's actions are once again on the rails, and worthy of our ideals.
    /jwj

Hmmm. I know very little about your system, but past experience suggests that this is down to people. 
    You might try to locate the Assignments Desk at the Utility. They may call it something different, but they'll know what you mean.
    Remember, it is very important that you just be a person when you work your way through the utility. They feel, rightly or wrongly, threatened. It is not something that you bring up, it is just something of which you need to be aware. 
    I would say a majority of people who work at utilities are comfortable where they are. There is a sense of camaraderie and safeness. It also persists in the "organization man" mentality that was admittedly refined by the likes of MacNamara at Ford, but found its roots in the structure imposed by the production and manufacturing demands and on the battlefields of WWII.
    You may be saying, "So what?" and I kind of understand, but we (the ratepayers, the human race, the transition from the purely Hydrocarbon Era to the Solar Hydrocarbon Era, the threat to the economics and architecture of the grid system itself) are moving their very well organized cheese. 
    And it is dialed in, to the max! One of many, many examples that we could cite. A decade ago, I worked with a company whose principal Master Electrician had a "very cool and it works well but does not scale" solution for increasing power factor in non-residential environments.
    The install took the better part of a week. We started Monday and finished late Wednesday, with cleanup the next day. We could take a 70's Power Factor up to above PF 90. By Friday afternoon, it wasn't unusual for a crew from the utility to be out looking at the feed, transformers, etc. Utilities are a very tight, highly regulated (or so they would have you believe) ship. 
    OK -- sorry for the riff but I think it is wise to know the ground you are approaching. Helps with strategy. 
    Call the "Assignments Desk" and ask for help. Explain that "I am one of your ratepayers and explain your situation. Your solar system has been installed for several months, and the interconnection agreement has been filed.
    If they have not yet received the assignment, they become your internal agent to discover what is going on. Is it languishing on someone's desk. There is no way you can find out as easily as they can. 
    Whether you do this in person or on the phone is entirely up to you. I am merely suggesting that you want to pull from the bottom where you find more real people than you do at the top. 
    Sorry for the lengthy explanation, and if I had more time, I could have figured out how to shorten it. Sorry.
    Happy Trails / Trials (life dishes both ... yes?)

James Johnston
    Business Development
    Vector Structural Engineers
    Draper UT
    james@vectorse.com

HOBBY - MisterSustainability.com
    (all opinions my own)

• 8.  RE: Solar

Silver
    Contributor
    Posted 11-29-2021 08:40 AM
    My comment was not directed at you. If you click the "expand all" at the top of the messages, you can actually see who was responding to 'who'. Without doing that, it is pretty much a 'mess'.
    To be clear, it was directed to Lori.

william fitch
    Owner
    www.WeAreSolar.com
    fcfcfc@ptd.net

• 9.  RE: Solar

Posted 11-29-2021 12:41 PM
    I have solar from subpro. Do not .need yours. Thank You