Everything Solar Forum

communities_1.jpg

View Only
  • 1.  SOLAR 2022 Call for Participation CLOSES January 5

ASES Life Member
    Posted 11-17-2021 01:40 PM

Hello,

I wanted to reach out again to invite you to submit a proposal to present at our SOLAR 2022 National Solar Conference. The deadline has been extended to January 5, 2022!

The 51st annual National Solar Conference, SOLAR 2022: Energy Transition with Economic Justice, is taking place June 21-24 at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque. This will be a hybrid conference and speakers can opt to present in-person or virtually. 

The conference theme, "Energy Transition with Economic Justice", will promote the ASES mission to "accelerate equitable solar adoption and universal sustainable living by educating and building community." The conference will focus on models and tools for negotiating the challenges to advancing renewables by following justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI) principles.

We offer a variety of presentation options for you to share your research, programs, operations, personal actions, visions, etc. These include regular session oral presentations (10-12 minutes), ~switch (5-minute rapid presentations), posters (2-3 minute oral presentation), an interactive outdoor display or a hands-on workshop idea.

ASES is offering the following Tracks to submit a presentation under, more information can be found online:

• Track 1: Energy Transformation
    • Track 2: Economic Justice
    • Track 3: Energy Policy
    • Track 4: Grid Integration and PV Advances
    • Track 5: Buildings Innovations
    • Track 6: Clean Transportation
    • Track 7: Education

Fill in all required information and submit your proposal no later than January 5, 2022.

Please share this to anyone who may be interested in presenting at the ASES National Solar Conference. 

I look forward to receiving your submission! You can reply directly to this if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

------------------------------
    Carly Cipolla
    Director of Operations
    American Solar Energy Society
    http://ases.org

• 2.  RE: SOLAR 2022 Call for Participation CLOSES January 5

Posted 11-18-2021 10:14 AM
    Thanks for the reminder Carly. I submitted 2 proposals but it was suggested we do a poster presentation also, for Captain Sol. I'll get that done today but if one or the other will be used, we prefer the live presentation. 

Thanks again

• 3.  RE: SOLAR 2022 Call for Participation CLOSES January 5

ASES Life Member
    Posted 11-18-2021 11:10 AM
    Thank you, Winston!

Carly Cipolla (she/her)
    Director of Engagement
    2525 Arapahoe Ave, Ste E4-253
    Boulder, CO 80302 

• 4.  RE: SOLAR 2022 Call for Participation CLOSES January 5

Silver
    Contributor
    Posted 11-18-2021 10:52 AM
    Edited by william fitch 11-18-2021 11:01 AM
    I find the goal regarding equality and diversity somewhat confusing. If you want to make sure "Fairness" is maintained for the population, just ignore the wealth level for the intended demographics and let engineering dictate. Implement systems based on greatest energy yield, energy displacement and efficiency. After all, the whole point of RE is to replace carbon release and pollution. This ultimately is what effects EVERYONE globally, at least that's what WE have been saying for 50 years. Paying attention or shifting maximum engineering outcomes in favor of non causal agents, does no-one any good. 

If you want equality, diversity, ethnicity and equal financial status inclusion celebrated, ignore them all in favor of strict engineering.
    Narratives rule in our current society, along with their favored band wagon. As such, truth which is what has the ultimate importance suffers dearly, leading the masses down false corridors of hope. Sometimes for correction, one does not inherently pay attention to the targets of injustice, but to making correct actions based on logic and reason, that intrinsically can function in an equal handed way.

william fitch
    Owner
    www.WeAreSolar.com
    fcfcfc@ptd.net

• 5.  RE: SOLAR 2022 Call for Participation CLOSES January 5

ASES Life Member
    Posted 11-18-2021 11:20 AM
    Hi William,

I appreciate your input. For ASES as an organization, it is very important to integrate perspectives from those who have not had a seat at the table when it comes to implementing a more just energy system. This is why justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI) principles are key to our mission and programs, including the conference.

Sincerely,
    Carly Cipolla (she/her)
    Director of Engagement
    2525 Arapahoe Ave, Ste E4-253
    Boulder, CO 80302 

• 6.  RE: SOLAR 2022 Call for Participation CLOSES January 5

Silver
    Contributor
    Posted 11-18-2021 11:34 AM
    "...more just energy system."
    I have always thought that the way to do that, is to maximize the effect of the actions you take, towards the end goal of a 100% RE world. Considering we are already 1/2 way down the abyss, can we afford anything else?

william fitch
    Owner
    www.WeAreSolar.com
    fcfcfc@ptd.net