Everything Solar Forum

communities_1.jpg

View Only
  • 1.  Pump for solar system

Posted 04-14-2021 09:30 PM
    Can you recommend a highly reliable low-cost pump (< $100) for use in a solar water heating system using potable water?

• 2.  RE: Pump for solar system

ASES Life Member
    Posted 04-16-2021 12:42 PM
    Hi Lynn,

There are lots of pumps available in different price ranges, some of the leading SWP providers in USA are

SunPumps

www.sunpumps.com

Shurflo

www.shurflowaterpump.com

Dankoff Pumps (Solar Power & Pump Co.)

www.dankoffsolarpumps.com

------------------------------
    Robert Foster
    Assistant Professor
    New Mexico State University, College of Engineering
    Las Cruces NM
    rfoster@ases.org

• 3.  RE: Pump for solar system

Posted 04-17-2021 07:39 AM
    I had good luck with a Chinese stainless pump that cost 60%ess than Grundfos or taco stainess. Find them on eBay.

Rob Althouse
    SolarWise
    Rob@solarwiseusa.com
    505-690-0749

• 4.  RE: Pump for solar system

Posted 04-19-2021 09:00 AM
    Sent from my iPhone

• 5.  RE: Pump for solar system

Posted 04-19-2021 09:34 AM
    Yes! The TD5 from Topsflow is very Good! it can use DC voltages from 6 to 24. I have been using it for years!  The so very other good thing is you can use a small Photo Voltaic Panel as u only need 25 watts but home depo sells it as Grape Solar for $60 but u have to order it and it makes 18 volts at 50 watts its GS-STAR-50 and made in usa.  The pump for my Solar Hot water system and it moves around 20 Gallons of water/glycol mix closed loop system) at about 1.5 gallons a minute so im asking a lot for this little pump and it has been delivering, the only thing its a bit noisy compared to a Taco pump 120 volt all brass 1/40 hp is so quite also
    which i also have to chase the air out when i fill or refill the system as its stronger but i dont like to depend on the utility as it has let me down before as i really need the fluids to be circulating when the Sun is shinning so once the air is out i switch back to the DC pump. If anyone is interested i have all this information for free on my FB site .Nothing to sell just trying to find others interested in Solar Hot Water as its really working well for me for the last 3 yrs but i have been making modifications to make it better. It makes over 90%  of my Domestic Hot Water and also Heats my home also
    pump

Rolland Riives
    President
    Guilt Free Hot Water
    cambellrives@comcast.net

• 6.  RE: Pump for solar system

Posted 04-19-2021 09:42 AM
    i was asking for a price for solar hot water and they said 
    Dear Rolland,

Dankoff Solar replied on your conversation: Message from Dankoff Solar Pumps
    Hi Rolland
    Our pumps are not rated for hot water circulation

Rolland Riives
    President
    Guilt Free Hot Water
    cambellrives@comcast.net

• 7.  RE: Pump for solar system

Silver
    Contributor
    Posted 04-16-2021 09:39 PM
    Just make sure it is Stainless Steel or Bronze if not using a heat exchanger.

william fitch
    Owner
    www.WeAreSolar.com
    fcfcfc@ptd.net

• 8.  RE: Pump for solar system

Posted 04-27-2021 03:30 PM
    Hi Lynn,  I am familiar with LORENTZ pumps, which is German technology for Solar Powered Water Pumping systems. Lorentz has a great variety of pumps (surface and submersible ones), and before you choose one, it will be good for you to analyze all the details related with the application of the pump.  I have a couple of files that could help with that process. If you wish, I could send them to you via email and explain them to you in more detail. That will help you to select the right model, for the right application, right temperature, etc.  

I have some experience designing Solar Powered Water Pumping systems for Agriculture Farms and Shrimp Farms in Latin America. Specially for Banana Farms, Cacao Farms, Sugar Cane Farms, etc.

Ivan Flor
    562-202-1291
    Personal email: IvanMFlor@hotmail.com
    Business email: Ivan@EnergyEfficiencySP.com

Ivan Flor
    IvanMFlor@hotmail.com