Everything Solar Forum

communities_1.jpg

View Only
  • 1.  Hurricane Ida Community Support

Posted 09-10-2021 04:22 PM
    Hello Everyone,

We were recently looking forward to attending Solar Power International's North America Smart Energy Conference in New Orleans next week. We were devastated by the news about Hurricane Ida and the massive disruptions it has wrought, which has led to the cancelling of SPI's in person attendance, and created immediate and urgent need for support. The team at Heliospkt llc has decided to swing into action by pivoting our planned trip down to Louisiana into a disaster relief effort.

I am pleased and honored to announce that the team here at Heliospekt llc, are raising funds to help support our trip from Denver, CO down to Louisiana to help provide direct support in some of the hardest hit communities in the State. We are going to be purchasing food, clothing, and other much needed supplies, renting a large trailer and driving them down to Louisiana from Denver, and with the assistance from local contacts in the area to ensure we provide support where it is needed most. The plan is to leave Denver on Thursday Sept 16th and to stay in Louisiana until the following Wednesday Sept 22nd and continually provide support and purchase supplies to deliver to those in need during the entire trip (Which may be difficult with power still being out in most areas with estimates for power to return as late as the end of the month, but we will be driving to places with supplies on hand). We've began corporate memberships with Costco and Sam's Club, so that we can purchase supplies in bulk and hopefully as cost effectively as possible.

We will be vlogging and recording the entire trip and sharing the entire process through social media. We will be providing Drone, DSLR, GoPro, and Live Video updates periodically throughout the week to share with you at home in order to show the incredible impact your donations will be making on so many people's lives, whose entire worlds have been shattered by the recent Hurricane.

With that, I ask and plead with you to please donate what you can ($1, $20, $100, etc) in order to help us provide as much support and assistance to the people affected most by Hurricane Ida. Also, if you know anyone in and around New Orleans who could use our support, please get in touch with me and we would be more than happy to give them a visit and provide support in whatever ways we can.

GoFundMe Campaign Link - https://gofund.me/2e7eb5f9

Thank you so much and I hope this reaches your hearts in the same way it has my own.

Kindly,

Grant Hilti
    Founder/CEO of Heliospekt llc
    +1 805 SOLAR AI
    +1 805 765 2724

• 2.  RE: Hurricane Ida Community Support

Silver
    Contributor
    Posted 09-14-2021 07:50 AM
    Thank you so much for sharing, I look forward to watching the live recordings!

------------------------------
    Ella Nielsen
    Membership & Online Community Intern
    American Solar Energy Society
    Boulder CO
    enielsen@ases.org
    ------------------------------