Everything Solar Forum

communities_1.jpg

View Only

SOLAR 2021 Jack's Solar Garden

• 1.  SOLAR 2021 Jack's Solar Garden

Posted 05-25-2021 07:24 AM

Hi ASES Online Community, 

I am currently interning with ASES to help with conference planning and I wanted to share with you some exciting events, tours and workshops that will be taking place this summer at SOLAR 2021! Be sure to check every week for new highlighted events from me in the Everything Solar Forum community. 

The 50th Annual National Solar Conference is taking place this summer in Boulder, CO and online. This will be ASES' first hybrid conference! ASES is featuring an in person tour of Jack's Solar Garden on August 6 from 11:00 AM to 12:45 PM MDT.  At five acres and 1.2MW, Jack's Solar Garden (JSG) is the nation's largest agrivoltaic research site. Come join Jack's Solar Garden owner, Byron Kominek, and the Colorado Agrivoltaic Learning Center's Program Director, Andy Bingle, to discover what is happening at Jack's Solar Garden and the implications a site like Jack's Solar Garden has on the expanding field of agrivoltaic research.

The tour is not ADA accessible. There will be one porta potty onsite. If there is a threat of lightning, the tour will be canceled. There is no indoor section of the tour, the tour will be completely outside. Ticket sales are limited so buy soon! The schedule for the tour will be the following: Loading on the bus at 10:45am, leaving at 11am, tour from 11:15-12:15, load back on the bus and then back to campus by 12:45pm for lunch.

Check out the entire conference schedule to see what other sessions, events and tours are being offered. And remember to register by June 1 to receive early bird discounts!

Let me know if you have any questions. I hope you can join us this summer!

Sincerely, 

Benjamin Guthrie

------------------------------
    Benjamin Guthrie
    begu2379@colorado.edu
    ------------------------------