Everything Solar Forum

communities_1.jpg

View Only
  • 1.  EV and Impact to HomeSolar PV/storage_09June21/1842

Posted 06-09-2021 03:44 PM
    Good day to all
                              There has been a EV thrust for sometime and every automanufacturer is delivering or planning to deliver a competing  EV mileage. Is their any authentic and authoritative article, endorsed by ASES on this topic such as Evolution and Evaluation of EV driver Impact to Residential Solar PV and storage. Please advice. Thank you.

regards and cheers - gopal
    Gopalakrishnan Ramaswami PhD
    Solar PV advocate at Tampa/Florida/USA

• 2.  RE: EV and Impact to HomeSolar PV/storage_09June21/1842

ASES Life Member
    Posted 06-11-2021 08:07 AM
    Gopal -

I'm not sure exactly what you're seeking, but here's an article about the interplay between EV and PV ownership:

I wrote Chapter 1 (of 15) of "Driving to Net 0:  Stories of Hope for a Carbon-Free Future."  The book was put together by David Hrivnak, who also participates on this ASES forum.

And I recently did a webinar on "Solar Power Your EV" as part of Drive Electric Earth Day.  It's available on the Blue Ridge EV Club YouTube page.

If you'd like to discuss this further offline, my contact info is shown at the end of the webinar.  Best wishes,

Dave Erb

• 3.  RE: EV and Impact to HomeSolar PV/storage_09June21/1842

ASES Life Member
    Posted 06-11-2021 02:27 PM
    Good question. While not endorsed by ASES to my knowledge, I did come across this related article recently that you might find interesting:
    How the Electric Vehicle Will Finally Drive the Smart Home to Integrate With the Smart Grid
    Hope to see you at SOLAR 2021 early August where you can discuss these and many more solar-related issues with other energy professionals.
    Connectedcommunity remove preview
    How the Electric Vehicle Will Finally Drive the Smart Home to Integrate With the Smart Grid
    The quantity of batteries that have gone into electric vehicle (EV) production is nearly 20 times the quantity that has been installed for grid energy storage. EVs are expected to dominate car production within 10 years, and utilities are keenly aware these EVs would create a big problem when most of owners start charging their cars about 5-6pm, coincident with historic peak loads.
    View this on Connectedcommunity >

------------------------------
    Debra Coleman
    Architect
    Sun Plans
    debra28@sunplans.com
    https://www.sunplans.com
    (Vice-Chair Solar Buildings Tech Div of ASES)
    ------------------------------