communities_1.jpg

View Only

Continued political obstruction.

• 1.  Continued political obstruction.

Silver
    Contributor
    Posted 12-12-2021 11:46 AM
    Edited by william fitch 12-12-2021 11:55 AM
    Here in Orange township PA, just a stones throw from where I live, an article in the Press Enterprise caught my eye. 
    "Citizen offers solar map
    Orange supers crafting energy 'farm' rules."

Almost sounds benevolent and pro solar doesn't it. 
    Pulling several segments from the article:
    "ORANGE TWP. - An Orange Township resident says he understands the municipality is required to make room for solar farms and is working to limit the area of that use to 1,200 acres...."

"Gary Norton did his very best to scare the neighbors with tales of 15-foot-high panels, which were never  contemplated, located 20 feet from their back porches - impossible and, again, never part of any plan," he said. "He came up with a number of similar scary items, none based on fact, in his efforts to stall things."
    Norton, he said, had painted a horrible picture at Monday's meeting. "I'm surprised that they allowed him to go as far as he did," Jones said." side note: The Repubs have no boundaries do they....why should we....

"Gary Norton, who serves as a judge in Columbia and Montour counties, attended Monday night's work session on the topic. He brought along a map depicting what he said would provide reasonable use of the land for solar farms."

Wouldn't it be nice that if someday we could let engineering determine the "right" things to do rather than the political $hit that usually rules the outcome for the benefit of the intrenched interests. 
    We must be totally clear that their agenda of suppression and stalling runs deep, all the way from the smallest local initiative to the top of the pyramid. And the local people they choose to promote this outcome, are not the one's living out of shopping carts.

------------------------------
    william fitch
    Owner
    www.WeAreSolar.com
    fcfcfc@ptd.net
    ------------------------------