Everything Solar Forum

communities_1.jpg

View Only
  • 1.  Last Day for SOLAR 2023 Early Bird Pricing

Silver
    Contributor
    Posted 05-15-2023 10:15 AM
      |   view attached

Today is the Final Day for Early Bird Pricing!

Register for ASES SOLAR 2023 today for significant savings for ASES' 52nd Annual National Solar Conference on August 8-11, 2023

To register, please go to ases.org/conference

We look forward to seeing you in person or virtually in August!

------------------------------
    Ella Nielsen
    Membership & Engagement Manager
    American Solar Energy Society
    Boulder CO
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Last Day for SOLAR 2023 Early Bird Pricing

Posted 05-16-2023 12:15 PM

I met Amory Lovins in the mid-seventies while he was at an Earth Day Celebration in Massachusetts that featured Buckminster Fuller & Amory.  Later I was able to catch him in the next decade speaking at Bowdoin College in Brunswick Maine. He had established RMI and a couple of other spin-off organizations by the 90s.  I seriously considered a relocation to Golden back in those days to work for that clever guy. 

Sent from Mail for Windows

• 3.  RE: Last Day for SOLAR 2023 Early Bird Pricing

Posted 05-17-2023 10:48 AM

Boy, you all are showing your age!  Lot's of good stories, I'm sure. I picked up Amory Lovins at the airport in Anchorage, AK, I think in 1979, for an energy conference there, during the second international energy/oil crisis. His most memorial quote at the time was "the energy crisis has been solved, we just need 50 years to work out the details!"  Right on, as usual.

Students must read the entire body of work from Amory and Rocky Mountain Institute, to be in the game.  Decades of inspiration. I think "Reinventing Fire" 2011, is a great read, and now due for an update after twelve years, with the solar price revolution, EV's, cheap wind power, to illustrate how things are accelerating, on track.

Cheers, Steve ��