Everything Solar Forum

communities_1.jpg

View Only
  • 1.  Solar panel

Posted 06-21-2022 06:16 PM
    Our solar panels have been on our house since November of 2021 and our meter still hasn’t been hooked up how long from the time of insulation to the time the meter is hooked up?

Sent from my iPhone

• 2.  RE: Solar panel

Posted 06-22-2022 01:12 PM
    We have a 19.8 kW Sun Power system installed the end of March 2022. Our EMC installed our new meter in May after a long back and forth between our EMC, installers and our county. Our installers were trying to get a permit for the meter and the county finally said no permit was needed. Our EMC was out within a few days and swapped in our new meter. Our first full month on our electric bill showed we used only 540 kWh from the grid and we sent back 1,970kWh. We hope to reduce our grid use once we get our second 13kW battery installed. Our bill went down from over $220 last year to $26.38 this year. Our EMC is not charging us for the meter as they originally said they would. I would check with your installer and see if they are having a problem with your county on getting a permit. 

Barry Rosenberg

------------------------------
    Barry Rosenberg
    British Car Service
    britcars@bellsouth.net

• 3.  RE: Solar panel

Posted 06-23-2022 04:59 AM
    That is frustrating. Money wasted.
    I did not have to have a new meter physically installed, so I guess that saved time on that. The current meter was already capable of bi-directional metering, however it had to be "activated" in their computer system. 1 phone call was all it took.

I strongly encourage you to look at your bi-directional metering information/contract. Call and request their bi-laws and such. I did all of that and it really helped me have information when I called to complain about issues I was having. I had it highlighted and read it word-for-word what they had in their own rules and bi-laws.

Robert Edwards