Everything Solar Forum

communities_1.jpg

View Only
  • 1.  Good solar buyback plan in North Texas

Posted 08-15-2022 03:33 PM
    Hello to all.

This is my first summer with solar panels, and my array generates more electricity than I use.  But my TXU Energy buyback plan has terrible buy high/sell low rates and high fixed fees.

So I am ready to move to an electric utility company with a better rate plan for solar panel users.  If you are using a North Texas electric service provider with a good solar buyback plan, can you please post the name of the carrier and rate plan?

Thanks for responding--your response might help a lot of other people in addition to me!

------------------------------
    Mansfield, TX Solar Panel Guy

• 2.  RE: Good solar buyback plan in North Texas

Posted 08-17-2022 06:13 AM
    I also have a system producing way more than I use. My EMC in Georgia pays us 3.8 cents per kWh we send them and charge us 10.2 cents for what we use from them. Our state is controlled by Georgia Power who only allowed 5,000 customers to get net metering and none of them belong to any of the EMCs in Georgia. Until they make it a little more even, solar will take a long time to come to individual homes. Right now, it is economically not worth the cost of going solar.

Barry Rosenberg

Barry Rosenberg
    British Car Service
    britcars@bellsouth.net

• 3.  RE: Good solar buyback plan in North Texas

Posted 08-18-2022 09:57 AM
    A friend whose system also produced more than he needed decided to view it as an opportunity. Instead of "selling low", he now uses most of it for the replacement car he purchased.  It's a PHEV.  He is looking at a fully EV and back-up battery.

Kathleen Weickhardt
    kweickhardt1@yahoo.com

• 4.  RE: Good solar buyback plan in North Texas

Posted 08-19-2022 06:22 AM
    If Sun Power will ever finish our system and install our second 13kW battery for a total of 26kW storage, we will still generate more than we use and the buy back will still stink. But we did not install our system just to save money, although we are; we will never recoup the cost until we sell our home in a few years as we are getting too old for all the maintenance required. We plan to add the cost of our system into the sales price. We figure by then power rates will be much higher and a solar system will make our house worth more.

Barry Rosenberg
    British Car Service
    britcars@bellsouth.net