Everything Solar Forum

communities_1.jpg

View Only
  • 1.  What is the future of energy storage with solar? GHI Webinar Feb 23

ASES Life Member
    Posted 02-12-2022 11:06 AM
    Most of my continuing education is received from Greenhome Institute as they have very professional webinars.   Other ASES members may be interested in attending this one:
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/what-is-the-future-of-energy-storage-with-solar-free-ce-webinar-tickets-260793037997

------------------------------
    Debra Coleman
    Architect
    Sun Plans
    debra28@sunplans.com
    https://www.sunplans.com

• 2.  RE: What is the future of energy storage with solar? GHI Webinar Feb 23

Silver
    Contributor
    Posted 02-13-2022 10:24 PM
    Thanks so much for sharing, Debra! I just signed up, I'm looking forward to it!

Ella Nielsen
    Membership & Online Community Intern
    American Solar Energy Society
    Boulder CO
    enielsen@ases.org

• 3.  RE: What is the future of energy storage with solar? GHI Webinar Feb 23

Chapter Leader
    Posted 02-14-2022 01:45 PM
    Ella -
         We have been promoting GH construction since 1981, and developed a 'People's Greenhouse Kit' for all folks ... including tenants ! Our basic kit was made of a Maine Cedar frame (expandable and flexible), so to allow for 'any size' glazing (solar-grow, glass, etc)  ! Our kit was designed in order to be 'attached' to your home and taken down when you wanted to 'move on' ... or permanently installed on a footing !
         The beauty of any greenhouse is the 'multi-purpose' aspects ... as a sun-room with 'hot-tub', a food production space or just as a 'heat grabber' (which all greenhouses can achieve) ! We do use our 'kit' here in Maine and have 're-built' a few times over the years  ! We also have put the kit to a permanent installation for a home on LI, NY ... and (using PVC frame, for less of a weight), on a roof over a porch on LI, NY as well !  I'm trying to attach a drawing from 1982, which may explain more of the kit ! Thank you (This has been cut from an original)                                                                  John Burke, director (Maine Solar Energy Association, dadsolar.com, SEADS of Truth, Inc - all are non-profit, solar educational corporations)
    Drawing of the PGH Kit ... (cut from original )

John Burke
    Director, MESEA, Maine
    Maine Solar Energy Association; Downeast Alternative Design Solar, Inc
    Jonesport ME
    dadsolar@yahoo.com

• 4.  RE: What is the future of energy storage with solar? GHI Webinar Feb 23

ASES Award Winner
    Posted 02-19-2022 12:52 PM
    John, great Greenhouse kit. sunrooms are the best interactive use of passive solar there is. As you said, versatile and usable space. Good Luck, Bill Yanda would be proud to see this evolution.. Mark Chalom, Architect,  Passive Solar Pioneer 2010

• 5.  RE: What is the future of energy storage with solar? GHI Webinar Feb 23

Chapter Leader
    Posted 02-19-2022 01:29 PM
    Mark Chalom -
        Glad to hear from you ! Are you involved with the FB Group 'Solar Pioneers' ? We do have a history in Maine and across this wonderful world, helping communities establish 'sustainable solar' businesses, 'For a Future' ! You may remember Dr Rich Komp and the Maine Solar Energy Assoc ... he had been an integral part of our efforts here, as well as on his travels to the 'far reaches' of the Globe ! In 2016, I was privileged to work in Guinea, West Africa, (5 weeks), when he could not get the personal energy for his scheduled trip ! The D-I-Y, 'hands-on solar workshops' are still our base for sharing the solar technology ! Thank you again, you may appreciate the dadsolar.com website we all share now ! Be well ...

John Burke
    Director, MESEA, Maine
    Jonesport ME
    dadsolar@yahoo.com

• 6.  RE: What is the future of energy storage with solar? GHI Webinar Feb 23

ASES Life Member
    Posted 02-18-2022 07:56 AM
    I just received notice that this online webinar event was changed to March 9.
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/what-is-the-future-of-energy-storage-with-solar-free-ce-webinar-tickets-260793037997?aff=ebdsoporgprofile

Debra Coleman
    Architect
    Sun Plans
    debra28@sunplans.com
    https://www.sunplans.com

• 7.  RE: What is the future of energy storage with solar? GHI Webinar Feb 23

Chapter Leader
    Posted 02-18-2022 08:12 AM
    Debbie -
        Sorry to hear of the 'decision' ... without your 'input' for webinar ... 'What is the future of energy storage with solar' ? 'Green Homes' are the most basic of all solar ... and actions we all can take ... 'For a Future' ! I want to get involved with ytour TGech Division !
    Peace !
    John Burke
    (207) 497-2204

John Burke
    Director, MESEA, Maine
    Jonesport ME
    dadsolar@yahoo.com